WE ALL NEED THE Y
At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. We know when we work together, we move more individuals, families and communities forward. Our scholarship program provides financial assistance to those individuals, children and families who are not able to afford memberships or programs.
How does the Cortland YMCA make a difference?
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT We see every interaction with young people as an opportunity for learning and development—all grounded in the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
HEALTHY LIVING Health and well-being are all about balance. That’s why we help people and families build and maintain healthy habits for spirit, mind and body in their everyday lives.
SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY With our doors open to all, we bring together people from all backgrounds, and support those who need us most.
WHAT YOUR GIFT CAN DO:
$30 provides one session of Knee High Basketball. This value-driven program helps children learn the sport while having fun.
$66 provides water safety instruction through swim lessons.
$140 enables a child to develop confidence while attending one week of day camp or childcare.
$235 ensures a teenager in need will gain confidence and self esteem through a Y-membership.
$425 engages team spirit through our Stingers Swim Team.
$720 allows a full year for a youth to participate in our Gymnastics team, participating in meets across the state and possible country.
$1,000 ensures that a Wrap Around child is given proper childcare before and after school through scholarship.
DID YOU KNOW?
Every gift makes a difference. Everyone has a role to play. Together, we can do so much more.
- No one is turned away from Y membership and programs due to the inability to pay.
- 217 Cortland County residents received scholarship awards in 2015. In 2015, over $21,000 in membership scholarships were awarded.
- Youth program scholarships were awarded for summer camp, childcare, sports, gymnastics and swim teams.
- All 7 year old children receive free swim lessons at the Cortland YMCA. Last year, 40 swim lesson sessions were awarded as part of swim free.
- All funds donated by our community stay in the community.