The Cortland Y is looking for outgoing, responsible, and energetic staff for the following positions:
Evenings at the JM McDonald Center.
The Cortland County Family YMCA is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply in person at 22 Tompkins Street, Cortland, New York.
Member Services Attendant
General Function: The Member Services Attendant is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of Member Services through the Front Desk. The Attendant is the daily “face” of the Cortland YMCA, having the most direct interaction with members. The Attendant is also the position where daily cash flow is received and processed. Daily maintenance of the Front Lobby area is also included. Most importantly, the Member Services Attendant sees to the needs of members through direct action or coordination through the YMCA staff.
Know How: The Member Services Attendant should be an organized and outgoing individual who has good people skills. An Attendant should be comfortable and knowledgeable with speaking and listening to people, as member interaction is a constant occurrence. Computer skills are required. Must have good attention to detail.
- Day to day logging of member attendance by logging them in to the scanning computer and enforcing day fee policy for nonmembers.
- Answering the phones, transferring or recording calls for YMCA staff.
- Responsible for knowledge of all activities, programs, and details for YMCA programs and events.
- The accurate input of daily cash transactions to ensure proper accounting.
- The accurate input of program registrations and payments in to computer software.
- Speaking and listening to members to promote a healthy Member Service relationship and environment.
- Maintain a professional and clean appearance in the front lobby area. This includes personal appearance according to given dress code.
- Assist YMCA Staff with word processing and other related duties.
- Attend bi-monthly staff meetings to update on new programs, new trainings, etc.
- Assist with special events.
- Keeping an accurate attendance of program participants
- Maintaining a supply of towels for member use through washing and drying regularly during shift.
- Assist with other tasks related to Member Services as deemed necessary by the Executive Director and/or the Member Services Director.
Must have following availability:
Wednesday4:00pm to 9:45pm
Saturdays either 5:45am to 12:00 pm or 12:00pm to 6:15pm
Sundays 8:00am to 4:00pm
*To apply, ask front desk for employment application* (If current employee, submit your resume to Tanya Schimek in person or at email@example.com)