The Cortland Y is looking for outgoing, responsible, and energetic staff for the following positions:
The Y Board seeks an outgoing and experienced leader who will be the face of the YMCA in the Cortland Community. This leader will have the requisite background and skills to achieve excellence in the following areas:
- Focus on Membership and Program Expansion: Continue growing and retaining membership as well as expanding programs to have an even greater reach and impact. Gain an understanding of community needs and the Y’s role in addressing the most critical needs. Serve as a valued community partner and work with the wide range of community organizations to collaborate on new and emerging opportunities for our community in many areas including youth development, STEAM, healthy living and community engagement.
- Build and Lead the Staff Team: Serve as a leader who can hire, motivate, engage and reward staff in a positive and productive manner. Lead by example, remain actively engaged in staff performance and development leading to superior results in programs, member satisfaction and community outreach and engagement. Maintain a culture of integrity, high ethical standards, and values.
- Enhance Operating Performance with a Focus on Fiscal Health: Assess all aspects of the current operation and create a plan that will continue to improve the current financial performance by growing membership and programs in service to the community. Work with the board to develop annual and long-term plans for achieving key goals and objectives.
- Develop and Implement a Strategic Plan: Lead the organization in an effort that rallies all YMCA stakeholders to develop a strategic plan which aligns with the Y’s mission and vision. By partnering with staff, board, Y members and the community, implement the plan to drive collective and bold impact and address critical social issues in communities served.
- Lead Fundraising Efforts: Serve as the leader in fundraising efforts by working with the board to establish a plan for how the Y will increase annual contributions for operations and providing financial assistance as well as capital dollars for facility renovations and expansion. Ensure public and private partnerships and resources are developed to support operational and future needs by instilling confidence, credibility, and trust in the Y with community leaders and donors.
Applications Accepted Through August 24th.
Open shift: 5-730 PM Monday through Thursday. Responsible for the care of children participating in our childwatch program and light cleaning duties. Please apply in person at 22 Tompkins St.
Morning and evening shifts available. Responsible for maintaining and improving the cleanliness of the YMCA. Please apply in person at 22 Tompkins St.
Evenings at the JM McDonald Center.
The Cortland County Family YMCA is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply in person at 22 Tompkins Street.