Member Services Specialist
General Function: The Member Services Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of Member Services through the Front Desk. They are the daily “face” of the Cortland YMCA, having the most direct interaction with members. This is also the position where daily cash flow is received and processed. Daily maintenance of the Front Lobby area is also included. Most importantly, the Member Services Specialist sees to the needs of members through direct action or coordination through the YMCA staff.
Requirements: The Member Services Specialist should be an organized and outgoing individual who has good people skills. They should also be comfortable and knowledgeable with speaking and listening to people, as member interaction is a constant occurrence. Computer skills are required. Must have good attention to detail.
- Day to day logging of member attendance by logging them in to the scanning computer and enforcing day fee policy for nonmembers.
- Answering the phones, transferring, or recording messages for YMCA staff.
- Responsible for knowledge of all activities, programs, and details for YMCA programs and events.
- The accurate input of daily cash transactions to ensure proper accounting.
- The accurate input of program registrations and payments in to computer software.
- Speaking and listening to members to promote a healthy Member Service relationship and environment.
- Assist YMCA Staff with administrative projects.
- Attend regular staff meetings to update on new programs, new trainings, etc.
- Assist with special events.
- Keeping an accurate attendance of program participants
- Maintaining a supply of towels for member use through washing and drying regularly during shift.
- Assist with other tasks related to Member Services as deemed necessary by the Executive Director and/or the Member Services Director.
This position is for five shifts a week. Must have following availability:
Monday through Friday: 5:15 AM-1:00 PM
To Apply: Please fill out employment application and return it to the Cortland County Family YMCA or email it to email@example.com.